Have you noticed how some words just go together: bread and butter, shoes and socks, roses and chocolate?
Planning time away from the routine of every day can be the trigger to discovering a new appreciation for your partner, especially if you plan it together. Of course, you could choose a weekend in a 5-star hotel in the city but why not an off-grid tiny house away from the bustle, the need to dress up for dinner, or the possibility of meeting someone you know?
Here are 12 suggestions (no doubt there are more) for turning an off-grid weekend into a romantic getaway:
1. Turn off the phone as soon as you hop in the car. It’s the perfect opportunity to start chatting beyond discussing who will take the kids to their activities next week or paying the bills.
2. Plan a trip down memory lane. Remind each other of previous favourite moments together – the funny, the serious, the treasured. This could be the car conversation.
3. Leave any talk about finances for another day when you are home.
4. Deal with anything that goes wrong and move on quickly.
5. Laugh together – often.
6. Cook the meals together.
7. Hold hands as you watch the sunset and the stars appear.
8. Together, heat marshmallows over an open fire, or for an American touch, try making s’mores.
9. Dance together – with or without music.
10. Allow space for the other to have time alone.
11. Listen without interrupting.
12. Intimacy is the goal. As philosopher, Alain de Botton says, “What we typically call love is only the start of love.”
Time to pull out the calendar and choose a date. Tiny Homes are waiting to welcome you.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
If you are looking for an escape, to switch off from the business of the world, this is the perfect place. Wilson's Rest is situated perfectly at the top of a small hill. Your view is of tall mountain ranges, quiet flowing rivers and in the morning you’re greeted by birds and their endless sweet melodies.
What a wonderful location. We stayed at Wilson's Rest and explored the property finding many interesting things, including wombat holes, birds, kangaroos and what a beautiful river. There are so many spots to relax and take it all in.
The Rapids is wonderful! The location you can’t fault, having the best view of the river making it perfect for swimming and exploring. Fire pit, rapids, sunset and all you need very comfortably. Amazing and highly recommend.
The perfect spot for a relaxing few days away. The house itself is beautiful – the amount of natural light let in is amazing and made us feel very close to nature. Being able to hear the river from bed was also a plus! Would recommend to anyone. 10/10!
Our Tiny House was a delight. You are so close to the water in all of these tiny homes. It's right there! You can hear the birds singing and the water flowing when you leave the screens open. It's like everything you want when you camp without having to camp.
The most serene holiday house we've ever stayed in! The location is incredible right by the river. It was quite incredible to hear the sound from all parts of the house. The house is really clean, much more spacious than in photos and really beautiful decorated.
River Cottage far exceeded our expectations, the photos don't do it justice! The most tranquil setting – it is so quiet at night with a clear view of the moon, it really is picture perfect. Bring a picnic blanket to watch the stars at night, we spotted a lot of shooting stars.
We loved our stay at Elevation, it was perfect. Tranquil. Clean and cosy. Beautiful river and mountain views and nature at its finest.